Health & Happiness + subscription

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated.

We use Sendinblue as our marketing platform. By Clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provided will be transferred to Sendinblue for processing in accordance with their terms of use

Friday, January 1, 2021

Sleep in a cool (not cold) room and warm (not hot) comfortable bed.

 

If you’ve been watching the videos, this piece may have surprised you.  A cool, but not terribly cold room is best for sleeping.  We often tend to sleep better after our bodies have regulated our temperature.  Some of you may find it helpful to wear socks, and even mittens to bed to help you fall asleep faster.  I like to have layered blankets to warm my body as I get in bed if I am shivering, and then remove them as I warm.  It is the same for socks.  I may start with socks and then remove them later, but keeping the room cool.

I remember speaking with a co-worker many years ago about this and she mentioned that she slept with her dog and would have one or both hands under the dog, which warmed her hands.  My, rather large, dog sleeps on the floor.  I tried sharing the bed with her, but she kept wanting and taking more space.  She is now relegated to the floor close to me.

Also, and as the video explains, a warm bath or shower, actually helps to cool the body core.


Click here to continue the series: Keep up a good exercise routine (include something aerobic such as a good walk), but not within two hours of bedtime.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Index 21